It’s that time again when we’re bogged down in the grey drizzle of life and we’re looking for some festival frolicking come summer time.
So if you’re a complete fruit loop and a little bit wacko then Boomtown is the place to go!
Here are 8 reasons why:
- The Costumes: I think it’s fair to say Boomtown is a land of bonkerdom. Full of nutters wondering around in the most ridiculous outfits I’ve ever seen in my life. Insect looking humans, galactic space invaders and some outfits that are definitely too crude to mention. You definitely won’t see costumes like this at Glastonbury! To get a glimpse at some of Boomtown’s crazy costumes CLICK HERE.
2. The festival is one giant town: The festival is divided into themed districts and stages such as: Bang Hai Palace (a whopping stage completely lit up at 30 metres high and 80 metres long), Lion’s Den (my absolute favourite stage with it being known for its reggae), Wild West, Barrio Loco, China Town, DSTRCT 5, all the psychedelic looking forests and more!
3. The Music: There are so many music genres to keep you all happy as well. From Drum and Bass, Jungle, Reggae, Swing, Psy-trance – the list goes on. If you like a rave and a proper boogie then here it is! To get a vibe for Boomtown’s music just listen to this playlist.
4. Story time: The whole festival has a grungy steam punk vibe flowing throughout and each year the festival runs on a story line. This year the story was about the discontent of the people ruled by the elite and so we became part of a revolution!
5. It’s so random: My day’s consisted of pillow fights, paint fights, peering into sex shop windows at robot pole dancers, listening to smaller bands in back street rooms, learning circus skills, and I even had my own funeral in the Rave Yard.
6. The hill is a good thing?!: Boomtown has an insanely massive hill to climb! I have named it ‘KILLER’MANJARO. But after all the booze and fast food there’s no doubt…your poor body is in need of a hill!
7. Zooloos: The compost toilets absolutely pong and there is never any loo roll (always carry tissues!) – but then again what do you expect at a festival? As an alternative there are the gleaming Zooloos. I’m talking fresh towels, a hot shower, a clean toilet and the holy grail…LOO ROLL!
8. It’s like being on a film set: There is no doubt about it though – it’s the actors of Boomtown who truly bring the magic of Boomtown alive. All of whom play the roles of the inhabitants of each district. They amazingly never seem out of character and make the weird and wonderful become a reality. They would put festival goers on trial in the Wild West, there were Cowboy’s looking for gold, geisha girls making potions in China Town, interviews at the Jobshop and interrogations by the police. But that’s just a little teaser for you.
Please let me know about any of your own Boomtown shenanigans…and well if you haven’t had the pleasure of going just yet I’m sure the trailer below will convince you to!